What NAIMA is
NAIMA project will develop and validate a new generation of Sodium-ion (Na-ion) based batteries to unseat the current Li-based technologies, nowadays controlled by Asian industry. This disruptive technology is already supported by a solid European battery value chain, preserving the ownership and industry strength around European countries.
NAIMA specific goals
1. To develop and test 2 enhanced configurations of Na-ion cells.
2. To apply a set of cost reduction strategies to pave.
3. To design, assembly and test Sodium-ion batteries (SIB).
4. To introduce novel strategies such as eco-design, circular.
5. To contribute the creation of a new EU battery industry.
6. To create a detailed technology development roadmap to establish.
7. To create an industry upscaling roadmap enabling.
8. To establish the main pillars of a precise refined feasibility study.
THE NA-ION CELL CONCEPT
The NAIMA project is conceived to develop and test 2 configurations of enhanced Na-ion cells to satisfy the main ESS applications demanded by the end-users of stationary energy sector. This novel concept becomes a reality configured in the following 2 cell designs: